Physical Therapy evaluates and treats dysfunctions of movement. A Berks VNA Physical Therapist can restore or improve physical and functional abilities, whether the patient’s issue is concerning an injury or disease. Often playing a crucial role in home health care, Physical Therapists help patients regain maximal function of their mobility while engaging patients in fitness and wellness oriented programs for a healthier lifestyle.
Specialized programs or enhancements to disease management:
- Electric Stimulation accelerates wound healing by sending an electrical current near the wound to increase blood flow, facilitating the healing process to the wound.
- Ultrasound can be used to speed healing, reduce swelling, decrease pain and increase blood flow to the treated areas.
Those with limitations associated with the following conditions may benefit from Physical Therapy:
- Stroke and Neurological Disease
- Post operative joint replacements
- Falls and balance problems
- Limb amputation/prosthetic training
- Muscle weakness
- Mobility problems related to the heart & lungs
- The pain and restriction of arthritis
How to Start Services
- A family doctor or specialist needs to approve home health services and contact us to request physical therapy services. Call 1.855.The.VNAs for more information.
- In order to qualify for home health rehabilitation services, you or your family member must have a condition or disability that precludes the patient from leaving the home or that requires a great deal of physical assistance.
- In home physical therapy may also be provided for non-homebound individuals under Medicare Part B.