Patients heal best when their physician-prescribed medications are taken correctly. Some prescription regimes can become complicated. Knowledge and understanding of a patient’s medication needs and regimes at home are critical elements of care.
Our nurses can help your loved ones administer their medicines as ordered by the physician, at home, with the ultimate goal of them becoming self-sufficient.
Berks VNA’s Medication Management Goals
- Decrease drug interactions, adverse effects and non-compliance, like missed or late doses
- Increase the patient’s and/or caregiver’s understanding of the medication regime and how to follow it
Medication Management Home Care Services
- Educate patient and patient’s family on proper dosage, frequency and side effects
- Assess and prevent duplicate medications and drug interactions
- Assist in developing medication schedule/process to enhance compliance
- Review medication regime (complete listing of all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines found in the home)
- Assess the effectiveness of pain management
- Evaluate therapeutic response to medication(s)
- Coordinate with patient’s physician and pharmacist for optimum benefit and positive outcomes from the course of treatment
If your loved one could benefit from our medication management services, or if your doctor has suggested these services, please contact us today.