Occupational Therapy helps individuals achieve independence in the activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, and mobility as it relates to these tasks. Focusing on the ability to help patients perform everyday functions, the Occupational Therapists from Pottstown VNA help to develop alternative skills to help patients reach their personal goals and priorities.
The Pottstown VNA therapist can also recommend adaptations to activities such as meal preparation, household management and home environment to
increase a patient’s ability to live safely at home.
Pottstown VNA’s Specialized Services for Occupational Therapy
- Home Safety Evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Customized treatment programs to improve ability to perform daily activities
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Family member/caregiver training and guidance
Who Can Benefit From Occupational Therapy?
Patients with many different conditions can benefit from the use of occupational therapy techniques. We see patients with:
- Physical or cognitive limitations following stroke, brain injury or heart attack, post operative joint replacements, visual perceptual or cognitive deficits
- Severe chronic conditions such as arthritis or MS
- Fractures or other injuries from a fall or accident
- Work related injuries including lower back problems/repetitive strains, burns, spinal cord injury or amputation
Starting Services with Pottstown VNA:
- A family doctor or specialist needs to approve home health services and contact us to request occupational therapy services. Call 1.855.The.VNAs for more information.
- In order to qualify for home health rehabilitation services, you or your family member must have a condition or disability that precludes the patient from leaving the home or that requires a great deal of physical assistance.