Physical Therapy evaluates and treats dysfunctions of movement. A Physical Therapist from Pottstown VNA can restore or improve physical and functional abilities, whether the patient’s issue is concerning an injury or disease. Often playing a crucial role in home health care, Physical Therapists help patients regain maximal function of their mobility while engaging patients in fitness and wellness oriented programs for a healthier lifestyle.
Specialized programs or enhancements to disease management:
- Electric Stimulation accelerates wound healing by sending an electrical current near the wound to increase blood flow, facilitating the healing process to the wound.
- Ultrasound can be used to speed healing, reduce swelling, decrease pain and increase blood flow to the treated areas.
- Those with limitations associated with the following conditions may benefit from Physical Therapy:
- Stroke and Neurological Disease
- Post operative joint replacements
- Falls and balance problems
- Limb amputation/prosthetic training
- Muscle weakness
- Mobility problems related to the heart & lungs
- The pain and restriction of arthritis
How to Start Physical Therapy Services with Pottstown VNA:
- A family doctor or specialist needs to approve home health services and contact us to request physical therapy services. Call 1.855.The.VNAs or contact us now for more information.
- In order to qualify for home health rehabilitation services, you or your family member must have a condition or disability that precludes the patient from leaving the home or that requires a great deal of physical assistance.
- In home physical therapy may also be provided for non-homebound individuals under Medicare Part B.